FAB BLOG POST
7 Fabulous Reasons To Be Present
“If your relationship with the present moment is not right – nothing can ever be right in the future- because when the future comes – it is the present moment.” – Eckhart Tolle
When you can unleash the power of the present moment in your life, you are in charge. You make the choices and decisions. You create your life.
So why do you want to be in the present moment? What’s so great about it anyways? Keep reading for seven shnazzy reasons.
- Being present with your food helps you to enjoy each bite…taste the flavors, savor the smell, acknowledge where the food came from and who prepared it. Plus it helps you to slooooow down. You may even realize you’re not eating as much because you’re more present with your food.
2. Being present with your body will allow you to know when it needs rest, pleasure, food, or when to stop eating. You’ll increase your cues and clues with ease and grace
3. Being present with your thoughts will allow you to throw out the stinkin’ thinking and increase the flow of positivity that helps bring goodness into your life.
4. When talking and being with someone else, you can actually just be with them and hear what they’re saying. This is an amazing gift to give to someone else. People love to be heard and understood. No one likes when you’re phone, facebook or twitter has hijacked you! What’s more important than the person sitting right in front of you?
5. When you’re working, you’re focused on work and as a result, your efficiency increases. You get things done faster.
6. Your stress levels go down. You’re not worried about the past or future. You’re focused on the here and now.
7. You get the negative head trash out, and start listening to your own guidance increasing trust, self-confidence and self-esteem. Open up – you are able to see things in a new light and way and allow it in to receive abundance
There are many ways to bring yourself into the present moment. Here are just a few to jump start you! Experiment and experience with these one at a time and see what works the best for you.
1. Get Quiet
Find a safe space in your home, car or office. Turn off the noise around you including the phone, radio, tv, computer etc… You are left with yourself and your breath! One of the greatest gifts to get you to the point of power in the present moment.
2. Come back to your breath
Your breath is the point of power where you have control over it. You can breathe into your belly and focus just on your inhale and exhale. This helps quiet down the mind chatter and pull your thoughts back to you gracefully and confidently!
3. Focus on what’s right in front of you.
Is it food? Family dinner? Opening gifts? A holiday partt? Whatever it is – make sure you’re solely present with that thing or person. Tune up your sense. What do you smell, hear, see, taste or touch?
If you want to know what it really feels like and looks like, put yourself around some present peeps! That’s right! If you don’t know anyone who practices being in the present moment, check out some videos or audios from people who have mastered the present moment like Louise Hay, Dr. Wayne Dyer or Eckhart Tolle.
Now, it’s time to take some F.A.B. action!
Let me know in the comments section ONE way that you’ll start to bring PRESENCE into your everyday life!
Your insights, stories and idea help to inspire and motivate others and I can’t wait to read them!